Narrowband

Persids

Uranium235

It was so clear last night i almost forgot i was in the cesspitt that is London.

I caught 3 Perseids in 1 hour, will try to catch more tonight as it is looking very clear, might even drive out of the smog to somewhere darker.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it was also my first naked eye viewing of andromeda, and only my second of the milky way, spectacular night!

Also saw 3 or 4 fantastic bright perseids, leaving trails, i'm sure i would have seen many more if i wasnt glued to the eyepiece!

I was out for 3 hours last night and only saw 1 meteor. I'm sure they were all waiting until my back was turned to show themselves.:p

It wasn't a completely wasted night though because I did manage to see andromeda with the naked eye, although I convinced myself I was just imagining it at the time because I didn't know it could be seen unaided. The double cluster and cygnus looked spectacular, through my 15x70 bins, last night as well.

Unfortunately I couldn't make out the milky way though.

I'm toying with the idea of throwing a sickie in tomorrow as I'm on nights this week and the weather is at last looking good for the main show in the early hours of Friday morning......hmmm should I shouldn't I? :p

I am staying out in my lorry on thursday night somewhere in the north east so no doubt it will be cloudy then :p

If it looks clear I am toying with the idea of parking up somewhere dark and setting my alarm for midnight where I should get to see the show in its busiest spell.

Well last night was in the lakes , tonight we are in Scarborough . So let's hope we have another clear night as I think these skies might be dark to. Tomo back in sunny Salford for the shower peak. Busy busy busy.

Still gobsmacked how clear n dark last night was. The view of the milkyway might never be beaten ?? A glittery band is a good description.

Good luck with that, the weather is looking a little dodgy for me over the next couple of days. Thats why I stayed up uber-late last night, to get as much done as poss before the cloud returns to annoy us all again.

It was well worth it, i could call a high-point in what ive experienced since getting my first scope last December... more of the same please :p

PS: Last nights results are now in deep sky section

it was also my first naked eye viewing of andromeda, and only my second of the milky way, spectacular night!

Also saw 3 or 4 fantastic bright perseids, leaving trails, i'm sure i would have seen many more if i wasnt glued to the eyepiece!

Sounds like we had an identical observing session. Andromeda was really very obvious last night with the naked eye, as was the MW. I also caught a few meteors.......some of which left lovely glowing trains behind.

Then the clouds happened at 2AM.

Archived