SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Persids

Uranium235

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I came out to have a look and dusted down scope to see Jupiter for first time with a SW130pm and it looked amazing! Could see clear banding across and 4 moons I was amazed compared to my 60ml something last time I looked :D

Had to come in as I ave broke the mount somehow it started to spin on its own and wont stop even after unplugging and re plugging several times ;)

Saw one shooting star just out side cassiopia in about 1 and a half hours being out :p

Going back out soon though buzzing after seeing Jupiter so clear :)

Since I've discovered that its actually a shockingly clear sky for me tonight, I've so far only seen one or two sp far. Not many, but I'm surprised I can see them. I was half expecting the usual show of cloud!
Same for me. I've noticed that the seeing seems to be pretty good after the rain has cleared all the crud out of the atmosphere. Went out about 23:30, saw 1 very bright meteor that left a trail for maybe half a second. A few more, less bright and called it a night about 00:30. Took the 'noculars out and spent some time looking at Andromeda through my 10x50s.

It's a cracking night for sure. Just finsihed up on the Iris Neb whilst the SLR was snapping away at useful radiant points for the Perseids... hope in the 2 hours of shots I have that some are in it... quick review shows not much, but need to really look

Well I was amazed by how clear the sky was where I am. As well as seeing a few of the perseids, I was able to make out the Milky Way remarkably clearly and although I almost couldn't believe, after my eyes adapted to the dark I could just make out M31 with the naked eye. It made it so easy to spot with the scope, didn't really need my bino's!

the milky way is usually viewable on most clear nights, if your in a dark enough area (where i am, fields etc) its rare to not see it! Although last night just after 11:30pm (when i went home) it was starting to shine, looked like a sea of glitter to be honest (thats how the mrs described it) and it made sense at the time!

lets hope for another clear one tonight, maybe see some more meteors!

All the best

Eddy

Archived