Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Stargazerslounge TEST4THEORY, SETI, Milkyway and Folding Team!

GazOC

Does anyone know how to change the SETI client from a normal installation to a service installation without losing the current work its doing?

Or do I need to uninstall and start again?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I joined the group 2 weeks ago and am busy crunching numbers but I'm not too sure if I have a problem.

I seem to have Pending credit: 3,695.75 (some work units of which go back 2 weeks) which seems to me to be rather a lot.

What's the pending credit other group members have?

I also notice 1 work unit for which I claim a number of points has been granted 0 points. What's the reason for this.

If anyone can answer or point me in the right direction to a place to get answers I'd be most grateful.

--

Martyn

OK, I'm sure this has been covered somewhere but I'm too lazy to go back and read - how do I join the SGL team if I've already got a SETI account (which I do)? The only way I can see is to sign up under a new username. I'm sure the answers is in the last four pages of this thread, but as I said, I'm lazy...

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I seem to have been handed a very big task. It has been running for four days, and according to the task page, has 312 hours to go, or about two weeks. I've never had a task that took more than a couple of days. I haven't changed any of the parameters of the system, so I don't think I'm being unusually slow. Maybe a bit thick, but not slow...

Has anyone seen a big task like this before?

Hi Warthog!

They seem to be sending out work units for a thing called Astropulse at the moment that is different from the usual sei@home work units. This may explain the change.

I also think the calculation of "time left to complete" is based on the performance of your PC, have you added anything lately that could be a little more CPU hungry, or even turned down the amount of CPU/Memory Boinc is allowed to use using the BOINC settings?

Cheers!

OK, then. It is an astropulse work unit. I allow 70% of my computer time to the projects, and haven't changed anything. Most of the time, Seti has my computer all to itself. I'd better get a huge improvement in my average after this! :hello2:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I joined the seti team last year, but never kept going for long because the machine I had was too slow. These days I have quite a fast PC, so I have restarted. I scored about 350 credits in six days, so thats got to be an improvement :)

Peace & Clear Skies.

Becky.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Buddy,

Nope the team is still there.

The Stargazers Lounge

I've just checked the settings and they are all set up to accept new members.

On a side note, I've just found the mail feature, there were two messages for me. One from only a week or two ago - the other from 13 months ago.

Sorry Tom, but I have now replied!

Ant

• 2 weeks later...

I used to run the SETI at Home screensaver a long, long time ago, which was cool, but when they changed to the BOINC system I seemed to encounter numerous problems on my laptop. Is the software mostly glitch-free nowadays does anyone know?