Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Stargazerslounge TEST4THEORY, SETI, Milkyway and Folding Team!

GazOC

I get error messages whenever I try to download units, mostly 'internal http errors' which I presume are coming from SETI's end not mine as nothing has changed here...

Oh well, Einstein@Home is getting my unused cycles at present.

Mine are doing all sorts of transfer failing, the message is "No schedulers responded" in Boinc. I've not changed anything and both machines are getting some work but only sporadically. I think they must be sorting stuff out still.

BTW I had some tiny units that one machine blitzed in about a hour, never had such small stuff before (that I've noticed).

Captain Chaos

My PC is connected 24/7 - only restart it when it starts to play up!

I have around 20 or 30 failure mesages in the log.

Guess I need to just be patient.

Cheers

Ant

• 1 month later...

I've just setup my works machine...well it doesn't work that hard most of the time so I won't notice...

Jase

Lets hope your company won't notice either or do they have a liberal computer usage policy? :wink:

Nah there fairly laid back about it...so far !

There are a couple of us (trying to get them to register under SGL...even more credits), generally we leave our PC's on over night so its just making good use of them. :wink:

Jase

Unfortunately, I have the job of pulling unauthorized software off people's machines at work, and I'm a hanging judge about it, too. I haven't seen or heard of anyone putting SETI on a government machine, though. Her Majesty's Government would not be amused.

I think HM Gov. of whatever country, plus all the others around the world, should set this or some other distributed system on ALL their machines. Our UK gummint must use thousands of computers which might as well be put to good use. They need to give their heads a shake and use the spare capacity for some of the things that this stuff is good for.

Seti is one use that's fairly geeky trivial if you look at it that way, but there are systems checking cancer drugs and other medical uses out there. If they got one that they approved for official use as a screen saver then stuff would get done quicker.

Just MHO mind you.

Kaptain Klevtsov

• 1 month later...

I just checked my account and found that I have been receiving credits. Checked and I have installed it onto a machine sat our DMZ that I had forgotten about!!

Cool! 8)

We're putting in a broadband to the IT office for, erm, testing purposes, so I'll have another one up and running soon!

Cool 2!

We're putting in a broadband to the IT office for, erm, testing purposes, so I'll have another one up and running soon!

Cool 2!

If only my local authority was either a) more energy conscious and enforced shutting down of PC's at night or when people aren't in the office or :) willing to let me use all that wasted power for something more useful... then I'd really get some units done...

... but they're not. :D

James

Thanks for link guys, just downloaded my SETI stuff and got it running now. I used to let my pooter do SETI work a few years ago but got shot of that pooter and forgot all about the SETI program

Thanks again for the reminder,

Gary