Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

GazOC

Stargazerslounge TEST4THEORY, SETI, Milkyway and Folding Team!

I'm trying to load the software, but I have a little technical difficulty. I can't remember my admin password. I'll straighten it out in a few days, I'm sure... :? Alzheimer's runs in my family.

Im in :lol:

Used to do this years ago with a few friends from another forum! i used to use the command line version on low priority back then, so id help the team without knowing it!! this Boinc looks a little over complicated tbh, but ill stick with it for a while.

The only time ill turn it off is for gaming and i have a half decent rig so hopefully ill get us some decent work units finished :)

Looks like there is only 2 active members, with me being one of them. I reckon more people should atleast have a read as to what its about and consider signing up.

Lee,

I'm trying to keep my 4000+ hours under the old client (boinc?) before I join, I know its sad but I was kind of proud of it..... :?

Gaz

Lee,

I'm trying to keep my 4000+ hours under the old client (boinc?) before I join, I know its sad but I was kind of proud of it..... :?

Gaz

You should be, thats about 6 months isn't it :|

Lee

Yep, BOINC is the client. I need to get it working at work... :roll:

Has seti stopped needing help? Mines sat idle at the moment, though I might have messed something up trying to attach to SGL. It's saying it's connected to localhost and I've no idea where thats kept.

Captain Chaos

The localhost will be your modem, router or another PC (if your connected to the t'inernet via ICS). So the BOINC client is connecting to the modem and finding its way back to berkley. It is down at the moment, they have frequent outages as you can imagine with a project of this size so just keep patient mate :)

Sometimes it can take a couple of days before they can even verify your uploads - its slow but you get there in the end :lol:

Thanks Lee, it's doing stuff again this AM, but its not showing the team info. yet. We'll see how it goes when it connects again and gets a result.

Captain Chaos

Lee

Do I not show in the list??

According to my screen I sit at 2nd place with just 7,000 points.

Not that I'm bothered, of course :roll: :roll: :lol:

Ah yes - it's now updated. Mine was not refreshing for some reason. All tickety boo now :lol:

Has anyone else had problems updating today?

Mine's been running, but I'm getting any work units d/l

I've been hammering mine just lately at home, and will hopefully be getting one installed on the outside-world side of our network next week :lol:

Come on people, spare them clock cycles!!

Is there a SETI doctor in the house?

Looking at the stats, I am listed twice! (Jonathan, my mother's way of refering to me).

Is there a way of combining the two for convenience? I just set up the kids' machines to help out and I find that I'm schizophrenic suddenly (and so am I).

Captain Chaos