Narrowband

Another M27

adamh

Hi,

This is what I'm going to call my first decent DSO image. It's approx 18 x 30 seconds on my 200P DS, with a Canon 50D. Half of the exposures were through cloud, and I should probably re-stack it without those.

Processed with DSS and the PixInsight trial.

I know it suffers from coma, and could do with more red, but I'm really happy with it.

Adam

Also here: M27 Dumbbell Nebula | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

post-18563-133877468057_thumb.jpg

Hi Adam, your image is nice and sharp; impressive for 30s subs and the coma isn't too bad imho.

I find the red hard to maintain when there is LP present - was this the case for you? You might find that stacking again without the cloudy subs will help, I assume these subs came out redder looking? Although with only 9 subs you might have some noise trouble.

Thanks Shibby, I'm in North London so light pollution is a significant problem for me. I've just ordered a Castell UHC filter to try and combat the problem, and am hoping I'll be able to get 1 minute with this. (Won't risk longer as unguided).

I should try the re-stack it won't take long.

Archived