1825338873_SNRPN2021banner.jpg.68bf12c7791f26559c66cf7bce79fe3d.jpg

South West Astro Fair

davy999

I am very shy so no surprise :), I also met the guys from FLO, nearly walked into one of the chaps twice and had a chat to Martin, pity they were so busy at the time otherwise I could have talked the hind legs off a donkey!

Hi , I was there. My partner was having a bit of a chat with Steve from FLO (researching my birthday presents!!!!:D;) WOOHOO!), and we had a good chat with John Bardsley in the Astroimaging tent. Gave us some very helpful tips on how to get started with webcam etc.

The man from Lancashire Uni was very helpful too. Great day.:)

I was there too, and had a good natter with John (jahmanson), Mark, Steve L, Steve and James from FLO, and bumped into a few more friends there too, plus had a long chat with Ian King, which will probably end up being quite expensive!!

Cheers

Rob

Very enjoyable day even though it took me 4.25 hours to get there from Hereford - old Severn Bridge closed (no prior warning) and the M5 traffic solid.

Nice chats with Rob H, John (Janmanson), Steve and James (FLO) and Steve L. The lectures that I attended were informative - Ian Ridpath and Dr Lucie Green.

In fact Lucie's solar lecture answered a very interesting query that I had recently - on homing pigeons!!

I recently gained a tagged pigeon in my back garden which stayed for several days - apparently lost. However, I understand that when the sun gives off a major coronal mass ejection it effects the earth's magnetic field which causes navigation problems for homing pigeons - well that might be the answer to my lost pigeon.

Some nice equipment on display so an enjoyable day despite the morning traffic.

Mark

I was there too, and had a good natter with John (jahmanson), Mark, Steve L, Steve and James from FLO, and bumped into a few more friends there too, plus had a long chat with Ian King, which will probably end up being quite expensive!!

Cheers

Rob

Great to see you there Rob - thanks for putting up with the Deep Purple natter - it's your "day job" of course - astro is much more interesting :)