SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Sunspot 1092 and 1092 - 04/08/2010

mpeniak

Nice!

Some corrections:

AR 11093 (1092) is on the Eastern limb not the Western limb. So you need to flip your compass and switch E with W and W with E. :D

Or simply switch the image back vertically as how it was. Also the rotation of the image needs to be roughly 30-35 degrees turned to the left (as the spot is a bit lower on the eastern limb).

I noticed myself that it's really easy to get the wrong rotation with how you place the diagonal in the SCT. And ofcourse the camera placement.

Same for your AR 11092 (1092). You need to vertically flip the image back to as it was.

I guess, because it's an SCT and using the diagonal (like I do :)) you thought the view vertically flipped, so you flipped it vertically back?

Made the same mistake myself with older images (altho I luckily unawarely auto corrected them during processing without noticing hehe).

I wasn't aware either till recently, that from our view the Sun's Eastern and Western limb are inverted. :)

You can check Spaceweather.com to get the correct view of the spots and where they are.

Archived