Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

clear sky liverpool woooo hoooo

Daniel-K

Starting to rain here. Its moving east. Should be with you guys soon.

Yup, it's on it's way, thanks. :)

I know that one needs to be patient when having a hobby such as astronomy, but this is really taking the biscuit. No clear sky forecast for days ahead. have we had our summer or something?

Is this typical of a summer season? Reason I ask is that I took up astronomy & bought my first 'real' scope late Autumn last year, had some good spells of clear nights but it all seems to have gone downhill since this Spring.

Is this typical of a summer season? Reason I ask is that I took up astronomy & bought my first 'real' scope late Autumn last year, had some good spells of clear nights but it all seems to have gone downhill since this Spring.

Its typical of the summer months for the last 3 yrs. This yr though there hasnt been much rain compared. Cloud wise................i think this year is gonna be hard to beat.

Was a bit fustrating last night! Had about half an hour when the South view was really quite clear, but it wasn't dark enough (about 10:30pm).

Still, had a first peek thru the Ethos 13mm........Wow! It really is looking thru a massive window compared to anything else, pin sharp stars too! I think it's going to be stunning when we do get a really good clear and dark night!

Oh, and I tried out the new homemade Dob mount for the first time too, not painted up yet, but seemed to work really well, the Val Doonican LP ive used as part of the base bearing is really smooth, he he! I'll post picies of it when it's painted!

Clear skies to all

Doc

actually saw some stars first time in weeks last night...unfortunately it was whilst leaving the cinema in Kendal. 15 mins to drive home, thought to set up my small frac just for a few mins but no sooner framed the thought then it clouded over.

But the movie (Toy Story 3 3D) was great!

We've just experienced the wettest July in 30 years over here. I haven't had the scope out for months, even solar observing is just snatches through the breaks in the cloud.

Let's just hope that it clears up for the night of the 12th.

Archived