Narrowband

If only

Beyond_Vision

Hehe, we saw this the other day. :):D:)

http://stargazerslounge.com/astro-lounge/109550-ten-minutes-worth-drool.html

Thanks for posting it again, I absolutely love this video. I haven't seen the "real" night sky properly for many weeks. I am feeling a type of homesickness...

I think all people interested in studying the night sky should get vouchers & free flights to this mecca. :D

Hehe, we saw this the other day. :):D:)

http://stargazerslounge.com/astro-lounge/109550-ten-minutes-worth-drool.html

Thanks for posting it again, I absolutely love this video. I haven't seen the "real" night sky properly for many weeks. I am feeling a type of homesickness...

I think all people interested in studying the night sky should get vouchers & free flights to this mecca. :D

That podcast was amazing! Thanks for posting that.

To the OP. You can go to the french alpes.

I have been to Guillestre area several times. That area is called Houtes Alpes. And is about 1000m above sea level.

The nights there can get really scarily pitchblack (even in summer when I was there).

It was the first and only times when I have been able to see the Milky way with naked eye! It was a stunning sight to see so many stars with just the naked eye.

I spent a night once on St Bernard's Pass, that's 2700m or so. Unfortunately I was too tired to spend much time photographing and observing but I remember that even the horizon stars were amazingly clear, like distant fireworks or a volcano explosion. And yes, you could see Milky Way structure.

What an inspirational video that is. Not ever seen it before, so thanks for posting it here Kevin.

Anyone who isn't moved by that has to be deceased. Just beautiful.

Now, can we organise a Star Party in the Atacama Desert soon please? :).

Ron.

My Mother is at our family house at the moment we have in the mountains in the North of Italy, It was originally the Italian side of the family that owned it on my Mothers side, but they are all dead now, so it belongs to us all.

I have spent many a night with my bins and a small birding scope on the hill side sitting in amazement.

My Mother tells me that they have had only one really good night up there this time, but she still has a week to go.

I know where I would rather be at the moment!

Archived