SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

massive solar flare

vawnidge

So did this hit last night or is it tonight?

Was cloudy outside last night and doesn't look much better for tonight.

Though last night i did suffer from bumpy viewing on the freeview box at around 1am.

Had about 3 bumps of the image breaking up.

Was it the flare or just the bad weather?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lovely and clear here now. Was a bit hit and miss earlier but now its solid blue sky. My electricity was very jumpy last night. Lights flickering and all that. Might take a wander up my local hill that overlooks the city. The aurora are usually visible from there when we are lucky enough to be able to see them.

"Nope but the tv was going stupid earlier tonight, so there is definitely something up there."

Sounds like a line out of a good sci-fi horror movie!:):D

ps.... i havent seen anything yet either up here in Middlesbrough..Ive just got back in from walking the dog and the sky was pretty clear altho the clouds have rolled back in again:(

I sat out in my back garden (Sussex) for about 1/2 hour after 11pm last night, long enough to get night-vision. There is plenty of LP around but it was a lovely clear sky and I could easily see the zenithal MW right through Cygnus, Ceph, and Cassi. But no sign of any aurora :). Maybe I should have waited longer but I was getting too sleepy...

Archived