Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Why is it black and white?

I've processed a few stacks using DSS taken with a Canon 50D DSLR. Many of the subs show colour, but once stacked I seem to be left with B&W images? I'm processing RAW images.

I can't tell if it's my post-processing (also DSS for now), or something I'm neglecting to do in DSS.

Thanks,

Adam

Thanks, I had previously adjusted the saturation but never that high. I'll have another go this evening.

I also experimented with Maxim DL and had similar issues, with probably similar causes. Is anyone aware of any tutorials for Maxim, other than theirs?

Adam

Do you then save a tiff file with the changes included, which type of tiff do you use from those available in DSS?

In the raw file screen which type of white balance do you use and do you adjust any of the colour or Bayer metrix settings?

Having said all of this, it turns out that the main problem is tiredness. In my excitement I'd done the processing at 2 in the morning, after getting the exposures. When I opened up the tif this evening it had plenty of colour!

Here is a crop post-18563-133877466353_thumb.jpg

Archived