Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

what is with all this cloud?

Daniel-K

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sky still good here so far, been shooting some piccies of Andromeda, whilst trying to combat the sodium light that is right outside my house, infact, i could probably spit as far..... oh well, guess i best phone the council tomorrow and complain about my health taking a tumble due to lack of sleep thanks to that bright light which shines in like the sun rising constantly.

Hopefully can get the one at the back sorted also as that one shines much worse into my daughters bedroom, even with heavy curtains it's bright in there.

I use three sources of information for forecasts, The Met Office, The BBC, and Weather Watcher desktop. It is really funny watching the forecast from each of them change on almost hourly bases. I think the wind is changing direction constantly!

Well that was a waste of time! Got out, all set up went to perform an alignment.....

......cloud. Thats the end of tonights session. I was really looking forward to trying out my remote release and seeing what I get :mad:

I know how you feel. I am still set up because the met office forecast is saying it is clear where I am, and it is obviously not. I will give it another half hour.

May be the forecasters should spend more time looking out of a window and less time looking at Satellite photos

I was waiting for it to clear last night too. It was still cloudy at 11.30pm, by which time I had given up..... and when I did one final check out of the window before sleep, what did I see? Stars..... bah! :mad:

Mind you, the seeing wasnt exactly perfect so no big loss. With luck we might get a night over the next 2 weeks, im desperate to add to my M31 - especially now the moon is on its way out.

Hanging washing out is also rather hit and miss at the moment. I have never known the BBC and Metcheck be so out with forecasts recently.

Last night was good here for about 2 hours and I got some great views of Jupiter around 1.00 am and quite a few Perseids.

Got set up last night, started star hopping looking for M10 and 12. nasty neighbour turned on his security light when he saw me...Clouds drifted over, packed up, neighbour turned light off, clouds cleared...went to bed

I dont even bother looking out the window anymore. I know its going to be cloudy. I'm just gonna sit back and relax til the cloudy season is over and the only thing rolling in is the dark nights. I just read that this july was the wettest in Ireland since 1950(i beg to differ). I think the last time it was as cloudy was about 65 million years ago when vast dust clouds caused by an asteroid impact blocked out the sun for a very very long time and all the dinosaurs died.

Got set up last night, started star hopping looking for M10 and 12. nasty neighbour turned on his security light when he saw me...Clouds drifted over, packed up, neighbour turned light off, clouds cleared...went to bed

When he saw you?!? As in "Saw you setting up astro-kit, and deliberately ruined it for you"? Sounds like a sure-fire "capture on video to present to authorities as evidence" kinda scenario...

Most of this cloud seems to be coming in off the Atlantic, is there anywhere else (apart from Sat24) that would show us whats brewing out there? All im looking for at the mo is a patch of clear sky @ sunset so i can take some new flats.... not much to ask for :)

Thats spot-on Peter, thanks!

Nothing wrong with sat24, just wanted to see a bit further out :)

Just had a look, you can see where its streaming in all the way from the US east coast, thats a lot of poo weather coming our way :D

OK tonight i am sat at my desk and i keep looking out the window. Cloud,cloud, cloud, cloud, cloud. Its driving me NUTS.The weather people say that it is clear tonight.

Yes its very clear tonight. Its clear they dont know what they are talking about.

Archived