Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

what is with all this cloud?

Daniel-K

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I bought my scope in May and have had it out twice :mad:

The 2 nice weeks you had here i was on holiday in turkey. It clouded over the day we came back and has stayed cloudy apart from one day on which I was busy being bridesmaid for my friend.

It's not on ..

Over 100mm of rain compared to the average 40mm is a little indicator of just how **** the sky's have been around here lol.

NM, if we do have a hurricane, hopefully it will keep passing all the way through to the other side of the uk and drag us some clear sky's up.

I got myself an ATIK 16ic at the end of June, and i have also upgraded my focuser to a Crawford Duel focuser a couple of weeks ago (Birthday Present From the Misses) :eek: , but i still haven't tried may new accessories out yet, except on a church roof about half a mile away. This is getting so frustrating now :D . I feel more like a collector of Astronomical equipment, not an Astronomer :mad: , when is it going to end.

Simon

I've been waiting for some major over-hauling of my FLT-110, which started in January this year, and is now complete, with the new focuser and stepper-drive assembly delivered to me at the start of July. I've never once been able to use it since.

/expletives a-plenty

Okay hands up:D

My fault, just finished building my roll on roll off observatory...with pier.

Sorry folks:o

Keith

Ah Yes, but you are at an advantage now, no setting up, just go out, roll the roof off, and away you go. I must confess, i am planing to build a rolling roof observatory myself. There's no setup, but in the week when i've been at work all day, i can get a couple of hours in without the hassle of setting up and putting it all away, plus cloud dodging.

Simon

I had a few nice nights at the beginning of the month. Managed to get out last night as well, wasn't great, lots of wispy cloud. Rest of the week isn't looking that good either.

Still, I look on the bright side - at least I've got someone to blame now! (Keith!) - I need to deflect the blame somewhere, as I brought a new camera at the beginning of the month :mad:

Cheers,

Richie

Typical - clear(ish) here at the moment but early start for work in the morning...

It's the possibility of a couple of days heavy rain that they are hinting at next weekend...although they did add to take the forecast with a pinch of salt...

I actually saw the clear bit you write about after a walk this evening...south westerly and moving more south westerly...

BTW guys, I 'fess up too...got a new Dob a week ago....

Keith

Ah Yes, but you are at an advantage now, no setting up, just go out, roll the roof off, and away you go. I must confess, i am planing to build a rolling roof observatory myself. There's no setup, but in the week when i've been at work all day, i can get a couple of hours in without the hassle of setting up and putting it all away, plus cloud dodging.

Simon

Very true, used to take about 45mins to an hour before I could start. Now it's about 5 mins tops to undo the turnbuckles and roll the roof off. Just not had a clear night since I finished.

http://stargazerslounge.com/diy-observatories/109863-been-bit-busy.html

Archived