Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Glad I did that!

RichieJarvis

Hi All,

Last night, I put together the observatory equipment after my holiday. One of the conclusions I came to recently is that I would be gutted if whilst I was on Holiday, the observatory got emptied by a shed-burglar, so I make sure I put all the kit out of harms way :mad: Also, as I had to return my HP laptop, I had to setup the replacement laptop and connect it to the mount and cameras for the first time.

The upshot of this is that I had to rebalance and setup things from scratch last night. As an added bonus, I decided to plug the Star Party laptop into the mount for the first time ahead of the Salisbury Party... Am soooo glad I did that!!

I spent the early evening getting everything working - I had installed it all, but had forgotten how much extra work is required to actually get it all working. It would have been a disaster if I had had to do this on the field at Salisbury, so really really glad the weather cleared enough for me to get it all working properly last night!

Anyway, just thought I would post this to remind others, so they don't end up configuring on the field at Salisbury when they should be having fun :D

Cheers,

Richie

Well, I've learnt to keep a copy of my astro-dumping area on my local drive when I go to star parties, so if you ever find yourself short of a planetarium again, just pop over :mad:

Talking of forgotten things - I forgot all my eyepieces at SGL5!!! Thanks to Stephen Green who lent me some :D

Archived