Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

NEW ASTRO EVENT IN BIRMINGHAM

tom.yates

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a feeling that they are going to get a lot more then they seem to be anticipating.

Knowing the actual venue and details of it could be useful. Wonder what time the car parking opens, could be worthwhile arriving in good time.

Ah.....£3 to hear the guest speakers! I read it as charging the guest speakers. This is one of the many, many reasons I'll never win Mastermind ......I only ever use half my brain and the half I do use isn't that sharp. A very welcome event to the asto calender.

I have a feeling that they are going to get a lot more then they seem to be anticipating.

You could be right there.

Their latest posting on U.K. Astronomy Buy & Sell indicates they only have seating for 200 for the speakers and that they don't expect people to attend all the talks. I've been to the Leeds AstroMeet for the last couple of years: it was £10 for entrance and not I expect designed to be a UK wide event, but I'm sure they had upwards of 200 people who attended all the talks throughout the day.

Anyone any idea how many typically attend the AstroFest in London?

It looks like they are planning well in advance and I wish them every success but I think they need to get a better idea on how many plan to attend.

if it`s anything like the astrofest in London, i`ll be there, i had a great day last Febuary, it`s a long trek for me to London but i enjoyed it loads, only bought one thing though but i had to keep my hands in my pockets, but it`s great to look at the scopes and equipment that you might want to buy in the flesh and get some great face to face advice and help for free

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I'd share some information that I requested following an approach by the organisers for Opticron/Vixen to attend as an exhibitor.

Venue - will be on the same business park as the organisers warehouse/showroom i.e. Hastingwood Industrial Park Wood Lane,Erdington,Birmingham B24 9QR. It is still under construction though.

Catering - cafe with seating for 60. I believe this is the catering facility that serves the industrial estate

Free car parking - also under construction

Exhibitors - I was informed that Astronomia, Ian King Imaging, Orion Optics, Telescope House/BC&F, Altair Astro, the FAS and Kielder Obs have commited in some way or another to be at the event. I also know of at least two other retailers that will definitely not be going.

Cheers, Pete

Opticron Sales and Marketing Manager

Just got our tickets for the venue and looking forward to the show, however, not looking forward to the bank balance later. We have not decided on whether to travel by car or public transport yet but will make the decision nearer the day. It looks like it will be a good show and hopefully for us a good day out, and makes a change from our venue here in London. Steve

Archived