Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M13

Shibby

This is first light for my new 150DPS, so my first prime focus attempt. I'm quite pleased with the result :mad: Looking forward to getting some more data...

It's 16x1m unguided at ISO800, 10 darks.

SW 150DPS

Vixen GP+EQMOD

Nikon D70 unmodified (bypassing the star eater!)

Curves, levels and cropped, with the small galaxy NGC 6207 just showing in the upper right:

output1-3b.jpg

Hi acme, you asked for details of EQMOD+Vixen GP, hope you don't mind me replying here.

My Vixen mount I bought second hand and came with skywatcher motors and control board (possibly SynTrek) I don't think EQASCOM is currently compatible with Vixen's own mount interface... But I may be wrong.

The MOD I have is here: Rother Valley Optics HEQ5 Mod | Telescope Accessories | Rother Valley Optics

All the EQMOD info you should need is here: EQMOD

nice pic from a d70..not quite as easy as a canon.

Yes, I'm very happy with the detail the D70 is picking up - bypassing the "star eater" median filter has made a massive difference. (I notice you have a D50 - do you do the same?). Here's a 100% crop, pretty good detail I think for actual pixels:

crop100.jpg

Archived