SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

My first attempt - 29/07/10

ezza123

Managed to try out my Baader Solar Filter and Philips Webcam today, used Astro capture and Registax not that I knew what i was doing in Registax!!

I hope to get sharper images in the future and pointers would be helpful :-)

post-19355-13387746565_thumb.jpg

Managed to try out my Baader Solar Filter and Philips Webcam today, used Astro capture and Registax not that I knew what i was doing in Registax!!

I hope to get sharper images in the future and pointers would be helpful :-)

Hi

Not bad for a first attempt. I didnt even bother to post my first images I think.

How big is the animation you took, both in number of frames and file size. If you have a way of getting it to me I could look at it. Without seeing the source files its hard to give pointers :-)

If it is too big, try posting a couple of still frames from the vid unprocessed. That gives us something to compare to

Bill D

That 2nd effort looks good to me, you can also load into a photo editor and add false colour to give it that sun yellow/orange colour.

It's all about focus and try to have a fast exposure in order to get granulation.

I also use a Baader solar continuum filter, although a green filter can help as well.

Now you have to be happy with that second image as a first image :-)

Purist would say that you shouldnt colourise your solar images, but I like to add colour. I prefer my stuff to be more about the visual appeal so I take a little bit of artistic lisence when it come to processing colour. I find making your sun yellow or orange helps match the image more closely to what our perception of the sun really is (it can sometimes add more intensity or fury to an active image too).

Keep at it you are off to a good start.

Bill D

Archived