SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

DSLR - telescope connections

Hi all, apologies if this has been dealt with before. I've just bought a Canon EOS 1000D DSLR which I am very happy with, and would like to connect it to my telescope for my moon photos.

I have a Skywatcher 6" scope, which says it has a direct DSLR connection. It comes with a 2" Eyepiece adapter which I presume is what I use, but I was wondering what connects this to the camera body, or what do I need to buy! I thought it meant it could be connected up 'out of the box' as it were but I guess I need something to join the two.

Any advice would be appreciated :mad:

Ok, thanks very much! I wasn't sure if I needed both of these parts, I'm taking it that the smaller T ring goes between the camera and the T adapter goes from the ring to the 2" adapter that I already have? I'll get the bits ordered then!

Just out of interest, did you get a 1.25" EP adaptor as well as the 2" with you OTA. On my 200P if I unscrew the 1.25" barrel then I'm left with a T2 male thread that goes straight into the T adaptor on the camera.

Try carefuly holding your camera up to the end of the 2" adaptor and check you can get focus. When I tried the 2" EP holder route to T ring with my 200P/1000d combo I couldn't get enough in focus.

Just a thought, your OTA/focuser combo may be different but it's a relatively simple thing to try before shelling out money!

post-17592-133877465204_thumb.jpg

post-17592-133877465212_thumb.jpg

OK, so if you just get a "T2 mount Canon EOS" (Jacobs, £15.99) it'll screw straight onto the male T thread on the part on the left hand side in the top photo.

I suspect that if you try the other 2" to T route when you put it in the 2" EP holder you won't be able to get enough in focus.

OK, so if you just get a "T2 mount Canon EOS" (Jacobs, £15.99) it'll screw straight onto the male T thread on the part on the left hand side in the top photo.

I suspect that if you try the other 2" to T route when you put it in the 2" EP holder you won't be able to get enough in focus.

Wonderful! Thanks so much for your help! I can see how it goes now, with all these bits and pieces, I was getting a little confused :mad:

Thanks again :D

Archived