SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

NGC 7635 - Bubble Nebula

TrickySpot

Ever since I first saw the bubble nebula I wanted it to be the first thing I imaged once I figured out how my telescope worked! I've made lots and lots of star trail images....but a few days ago managed 5 x 5 min subs and got what I call my first proper astro image. :mad:

post-18779-13387746488_thumb.jpg

Taken from West Drayton, just north of Heathrow Airport

Guiding with a Celestron CPC800, Meade f/6.3 focal reducer, QHY5 guide camera using PHD guide. Imaged with a ATIK 314E on a WO Megrez 72, in H-Alpha. This left me with a monochrome image, but using Noel Carboni's Photoshop actions, converted it to a false colour image.

I just hope that that if at least a single Londoner who thinks that imaging from the city is impossible (Me a few months ago...), think again, LRGB imaging might not be possible, but there are other possibilities!

Wow, thanks for all the kind comments!

Obviously in winter it gets dark nice and early, but not having paid any attention before :mad: does the UK generally have less cloud cover in the winter months? I find one clear night every 10 to 14 days mighty frustrating at the moment!

Archived