Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

hi new here

stormhuntr

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi from me too and welcome :mad: - just make sure when you buy you dont get it from argos - they are very overpriced. Give FLO a ri8ng (they have a banner at the top of the page) best prices and the best and most friendly service and Stsve will steer you right about what you need.

Lots of folk start with the SKywatcher 130 (in comes in lots of models) and all are good starter scopes.

Hi Sarah, welcome to the forum.:mad:

I am a newbie too. I recently purchased a Skywatcher Explorer 130p based on research done on SGL. Though I have not had much opportunity to do much observing yet (these damn clouds!!!!:D) I am very happy with my choice. Had some great views of the Moon the other night and look forward to seeing heaps more. It is reasonably portable which was a major consideration for me as I need to be able to take it onto Dartmoor for some dark skies .

Welcome Sarah, I think you've already had all the good advice with which to start out.

Just remember the best scope for you is the one you will use the most. Weight and portability are 2 big issues. A skywatcher flex tube 8" dobsonian auto tracker is about the biggest that is easy to move around, very simple to set up and masses of light gathering potential. Pond for pond GoTo scopes sacrifice aperture size for computer guidance and i think we all agree it's best to learn the skies properly with charts then the sky becomes an old friend :mad:

Archived