Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hello all, Im new to this forum

crepitis

Hello guys,  I joined the forum a few weeks back but havent got around to posting anything yet, although I have been reading a lot of the posts.

Its nice to find  a U.K. based forum, where it should be a change to talk in "real" money and , unfortunately, "real" prices when discussing purchasing new gear.

Im a member on the Cloudy Nights forum and while I think its a great community, with a lot of great members, its nice to also have a UK site to frequent. At least I'll know what time of day it is for you guys when Im posting!

I recognise a few user names from CN so Im not a total stranger.

Anyhow, I have a Revelation 10" Dob and prior to that I had an Orion 127 starmax Mak, and Im always ready with a question, or an opinion!

Cheers, Bob.

Welcome to the Forum Bob i trust you will find this a friendly and informative place and enjoy the company of fellow Stargazer's.

We may of spoken before on cloudy night's in the past?

James :)

(Moderator on the Astro Art forum on Cloudy Nights)

Thanks for the welcome guys.

Gaz, I have found the Revelation to be very good so far, but just in the last couple of weeks I have managed to pick up a couple of decent 2" Eyepieces  as well as the Jim Fly 2" collimation tools and I have to say they are a very tight fit in the focusser, needing a bit of jiggling and twisting to get them in.

some of the collimation tools were almost painful to fit in the focusser, I ended up having to take the brass compression ring out to get them to fit, so that was a bit dissapointing. maybe Ive just got a duff focusser?

Cheers, Bob.

Gaz as far as I can remember it seemed to fit ok, but it wasnt very good so I got shot of it almost as soon as I got it.

Since then Ive only been using 1.25" EP's  but in the last couple of weeks I've managed to pick up a Nagler 9mm and a Meade Ultra Wide Angle 14mm and they are both combined 1.25"/2" barrels.

Its maybe just my imagination that they are a tight fit, I'll have another try at it tomorrow and see how I get on.

The scope is still under guarantee so if there was a problem I imagine it would just be a case of sending the focusser back for a replacement.

Cheers, Bob.

Its maybe just my imagination that they are a tight fit, I'll have another try at it tomorrow and see how I get on.

The scope is still under guarantee so if there was a problem I imagine it would just be a case of sending the focuser back for a replacement.

Cheers, Bob.

Hi Bob, welcome aboard. 

I also have the Revelation 10" Dob' and am pleased with it (though I do have doubts about the Azimuth roller-bearings and will probably remove them).  I haven't heard of any focuser problems but if necessary it can easily be removed and replaced - loosen the grubs-crew at the left and right of the focuser base and it slips out, easy. 

Steve :)

I think I may have been a bit harsh on the focusser, after some experimentation today it seems OK.

I know what you mean about those roller bearings Steve, they may need replacing.

I just wish I could get a clear night up here, I have two new eyepieces waiting for a try out .

At least the dark nights are heading back in, shouldnt be too long untill Orion is riding high in the sky, and before we know it, Saturn should be back on view again, now if only those clouds would get lost......

Cheers, Bob.

Archived