SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

clear skies over the welsh valleys tonight

Ags

yep went out with my mate Chris using his LX200 12" as you say the moon was bright nut di d not spoil the Party done all the usual ones M81 & 82, M13 M97, M31 and it mates. M97 + loads more, only failed on a few due to the moons brightness. we eventually packed in at around 2am as the clouds rolled in from the north. a Good night was had.

Grahame

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had some time out lastnight, thankfully the sky was clear over Ebbw :mad:

Looks like that was all we going to get for a few days though >..<

Still, managed my first shot of Andromeda, a quicky of Jupiter and 1 or 2 of the Moon.

Cannot complain, just want more time to gather more data.

If there's anyone close to Ebbw who is handy with an EQ6 tripod and getting it set up properly, then would love to arrange a meet to see if there's any chance of getting mine sorted as I feel there may be an issue or 2, that said, worked fine for what i did lastnight, but i'd doubt greatly if i could get 30sec unguided shots with it as it stands. 10-15 probably my limit before star trails >..<

You guys are lucky to have seen anything at all. It has been 'orrible in my part of North Wales for weeks. Haven't had a clear enough night when I have been home since 3rd/4th July and I am getting frustrated!

old_eyes

Archived