Banner.jpg.39bf5bb2e6bf87794d3e2a4b88f26f1b.jpg

What do you take out with you?

DAusten

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Coffee and more coffee. Its surprising how hungry you can get when your out till 3:00am, especially when your observing buddies start munching!!! Having a cuppa' is also a good opportunity to stand back from your scope sometimes to just admire the sky with your own eyes, to breath in the 'bigger' picture.

Is it me or am I correct in believing that 1 jaffa cake = 2 custard creams, :eek: I want to make sure I'm up to date on the latest exchange rate before my next observing session, don't want my buddies taking advantage again. ;):D

Clear skies

James

Plenty of black tea is always a must. :eek: As far as munchies are concerned, it depends on the time of year. When the Bears are roaming around, it's not safe to have any type of food. But when they're hibernating, i usually bring a few granola bars with me to stop the inevitable wee-hour tummygrumbles. ;)

I take my 130P scope,EP/filter case,20X90 bins,10X50 bins,450d and tripod.

Once i get lost in the cosmos..............i dont even think about food and drink. Sure i dress for the weather but thats about it.

I have sometimes taken a flask of tea or coffee out with me.

This year so far......i mainly sit inside drinking vodka and coke looking out the window wishing the blumming clouds would go away.

I really hope we have a nice clear autumn/winter cus so far the summer is SUCKING.

Edited by LukeSkywatcher

I normally have a flask full of tea and a huge amount of food, starting with lots of jaffa cakes... keeps me away and warm... and admittedly a little on the heavy side :eek:

James

No bar of chocolate then James.. ;)

I usually have a cup of Licorice tea & maybe a double - Double Decker bar

Nadeem.

Edited by Deneb

Ah , a man after me own heart , Malt ! Only in moderation mind you , whilst stargazing, usually when observing doubles ! You have got to try Bruichladdich ( single Islay Malt ) . Excellent.

If I am driving out to remote area , then tis coffee ( proper coffee , not instant ) and some carbohydate food stuffs.

Clear Skies

Pete

When the Bears are roaming around, it's not safe to have any type of food. But when they're hibernating, i usually bring a few granola bars with me to stop the inevitable wee-hour tummygrumbles. :eek:

I love the different perspective you bring to these discussions.

Have you had any encounters with bears when observing?

Did someone mention Jaffa cakes!! Yum!!

Alas you are mistaken! Ye olde Jaffe cake is a food of the damned. Better to send them over to Carol to scare the bears away with!

As I tend to be just outside the hoose, I'll pop in occasionally to say hello and make a nice green tea with honey. Ciggies are a must, as Mel indicated earlier, although in the severe winter cold, it ain't worth taking the gloves orft to spark up.

:eek:

Just a thermal cup with tea in it. I am an absolute tea addict. I got a brand new one for Father's Day covered in pictures of me, my little boy and scan photos of the baby coming in late August. Excellent!

I love the different perspective you bring to these discussions.

Have you had any encounters with bears when observing?

What would any of us do if we came face to face with a 8 foot grisley bear ;)

I'll ask him if wanted a look through my 16" dob :eek:

Edited by Doc

Oh Dear, I feel quite bad now I seem to be the only person who takes whisky out. I have this sad ritual of 'toasting' when I see something that takes my breath away.

Herakles, definately a Bruichladdich fan, I've got a bottle of the 'infinity' and it's amazing.

I drive up to Skye every year and this xmas I was in Carbost, the village where the Talisker distillery is. Heaven.

At home, ciggies and a book of swear words "this xf*^o*x light pollution", for example. Skycamp, ciggies and what ever I can grab. One year at Kelling, someone offered me a freshly baked chocy cooky, YYYYUUUUUUMMMMM. Not to keen on flasked coffee or tea so usualy go without.