SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

PHD Guiding--->laptop to mount connection help

Right.....ive been out walking my dog most of the day to untangle my brain and ive come back with an open mind, also with (thanks to the contributers on this thread) a bit more knowledge in what i need for my requirements.

In the future, i plan building an obsy with an automated roll on/off roof and also using a game pad for my mount control, as well as guiding using PHD, sooner or later i am going to have to learn to use the EQASCOM software.

So my plan is this....im going to buy a HitecAstro EQDIR adapter from FLO and connect that to my mount and from that connect my RJ-11 cable to my laptop, so doing away with my handset.

Through this i will be able to run Cartes du Ciel as well as use a Logitech game controller to control my mount and my guiding software will be PHD.

Brain unscrambled:D...Thanks again everyone!:eek:

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So my plan is this....im going to buy a HitecAstro EQDIR adapter from FLO and connect that to my mount and from that connect my RJ-11 cable to my laptop, so doing away with my handset.

Mick

You don't need the RJ11 cable. The adaptor connects to the laptop with a USB A to B lead (the same lead as for a printer, for example).

Sorry if this has confused you even more.

Steve

Archived