Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Another from july the 18th

neil phillips

About 140% RESIZE, Managed to get quite some detail out on this, i think i nailed focussing at this point plus seeing calmed just a little at this point so both things have helped here i think, i was going to downsize more but thought the extra detail really could be seen more clearly upsampled,

As usual 10" Europa DBK 30 fps 1/30th secs exposure 150 seconds capture time, 3x barlow with 1" extension

4809413402_00bb4f9e2c_o.png

No worrys Karlo im interested when your going to get that on jupiter too.Your gonna have a lot of fun, i have a soft spot for maks nice contrasty cats, make sure you cool it for as many hours before as is possible, its never too much trust me on that

I'm hoping it'll behave like the Cape, I keep them both downstairs in the basement near the door, trust me it's always v. close to external ambient down there :icon_eek:

I can't wait either I'm seriously itching, been getting up v early a few times and checking the skies , only to be disappointed and climb back to bed :D

I'm also hoping the Hi-Lux was worth it :eek:

Basically all new kit- scope and camera, sct focuser & wheel etc ;):icon_eek:

You will get your chance soon karlo, even though it might be cool in the basement still allow time under the night air to fully adjust, it will still help. when you get a chance on jupiter keep filming into daylight about 4:30 the air really often goes even calmer. by about 4:45 ive found its getting too bright though, so thats a rough guide for you, ive found about 3:50 onwards will be the calmest before that will often show more blur and ripples. Its great scope you most certainly did the right thing with hilux, being sealed the coatings will probably last longer than me, and in all that time a very very high refectivety that wont tarnish. Not sure if your scope is collimatable but if so just nail that, and nail focus, and the gas bands will bubble with detail

Good luck look foward to seeing what it can do

Archived