Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Tarantula - deep

Sam

I took this image in April and decided to revisit it to see if I could get some of the surrounding galaxy it lives in to show up. So with this version I've really pushed the processing to bring out the surrounding details. It's quite amazing how many clusters and globs there are nearby and the huge number of stars.

The image was oringinally with a 250px, EQ6, ST80, QHY5, Canon 1000D. It's specs are 2hrs 20mins of 300sec subs at ISO400.

lightbucket-albums-lightbucket-s-best-pics-picture5664-ngc-2070-tarantula-nebula-taken-17-apr-10-version-processed-17-jul-10.jpg

Sam

Thanks Kevin,

I do have a full sized version tiff but its 118Mb, the full sized jpg is 8Mb. Just a little beyond what my mobile broadband connection would allow in one hit.:eek:

Sam

'My god its full of stars', excellent image wonderful colour and detail worth all the time and effort spent. Gives me something to aim for knowing I have similar scope and mount setup just need the image camera ( end of month I hope) and guide camera (will start out with a web cam I already have). Well done Sam super image.

Thanks Ron Steve and Russ:)

Steve - sounds like you'll be fully up and running very soon. The biggest bit of advice I can give is focus and alignment, get those right and you shouldn't too many problems.

Archived