Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

A nice Saturday evening

marcdearn

Just got back inside from a couple of hours in the back garden with My little Newt.

Had to take advantage of a clear evening because the forecast is for rain for the next few days (It is mid-July after all!!!!:eek:)

Dark enough to see Deneb and Vega at 10 and the first target came into view 30 minutes later (Albeireo)

This was my first view of this famous double and it was as good as I expected - the colours were obvious - bright yellow and deep rich blue......just like watching Birmingham City play Norwich!!!

Moved on to M56 and this took some finding but was a nice thing when I eventually got there and through my 10 mm EP (65X) was richly studded with stars

Came in for a coffee and then out again for M31...

This was really really difficult to find as I expected it to jump out at me

Got it at just before midnight and was worth the wait

Came in and wrote this up....looking forward to the next time ;)

Nice report Marc, with some lovely objects found. :eek:

Would have thought M31 woulkd have jumped out at you, it is one amazing sight, even in binoculars. It was still too low when we observed last night, but will get it next time.

Yes, Albireo is always beautiful.

Archived