Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

What do i need to take photos?????

Hi all,

I am newish to astronomy, I know my way around the night skys now, seen most of our plantes and moons.

But now i really want to start taking photo's of the wounderful things i seen, but i have not got a clue on taking photo's or what kit i need.

John

If you want planets, moon etc. then you need a scope, for example 6" Newtonian (150/750) on equatorial mount (EQ3-2 from set) and some motors to make the mount following the target (like the planet). Next you need something to take pictures. DSLR like Canon 1000D, 350D, 450D are commonly used for Deep Space AP but imaging those objects is very hard (as they are fain and need longer exposures). Planets, Moon are easier and can be imaged with some webcams after modifications or planetary imaging cameras (QHY5 series, TIS DMK/DBK/DFK cameras, Opticstar CMOS cams etc.) that are better than webcams (and cost more).

At this moment i just want to target planets and moon and then dso

I hace a Sky-watcher E 130 (5"),

x 1.5,2 and 3 barlows

eye pieces range from 4mm to 40mm

but sadly no photography equipment. but not really fust on cost

"sadly no photography equipment. but not really fust on cost "

Hmmm... I could point you at a £50 webcam or a £3000 Attik 4000 Bundle lol. However, I would imagine a mod'd webcam, or s/h dslr would be more appropriate with your telescope :eek:

if you have a laptop i would suggest a neximage for planetary imaging they are relatively cheap and can be got a lot easier than the toucam. cost £100-£150 new you can use it straight out of the box

riklaunim well the mount came with the scope and i have not got a clue what it is, Sorry.

brantuk lol cheers i would spend the 3k but i think the wife would kill me. but looking at web cams.

rowan46 cheers i think i might go for the Neximage looked at a few web sites and it looks prity good and simple to use

The one i have picked is the Celestron NexImage Solar System Imager for around 140

thanks to all for the help a\s soon as i get some pics i will post then asap

Archived