Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

just come to the conclusion that....

My 150pl blows the c80ed out of the water.

Now the c80ed is what it is,and its excellent for it,but tonight on saturn i compared the two.

The detail and clarity the 150pl provides is astonishing,i got it for planets and not really tried it to much as i used the c80ed alot because i like the it for grab and go convenience.

But on trying it tonight there was a very prominent ring,very clear shadow and shading to the planet.

Used 9mm plossl thats was excellent,then tried 4mm tmb "designed" and it was flawless,slight less detail as atmosphere was not good,but im sure this eyepiece is going to come in handy sooner or later :)

But clear and sharp edge to edge and contrast was great.

The skywatcher 150pl is a planet killer! "well seems to be good anyway" :D

Think i made a good choice for planets with this one.

Cant wait to get it on jupiter

Thanks Gaz

Tom

It is in a different league,it is much better,i do collimate my newts very precise,so that will make it better if time is taken to align the optics.

But yes,much brighter,better detail,and very sharp.

Doc

Im well impressed yes hehe :eek:

Markf

Try a c80ed mate ;)

All in all i understand now why on planets people say there excellent and give a 5inch apo refractor a run for there money.

Gaz

You'll find the C80ED good for widefield DSO imaging work, Like imaging the Rosette Nebula for example. Also they make good imaging scopes when you pair them with something like an Astro CCD Camera - they give a nice fov, not to say their not good with DSLR's - especially with a reducer/flattener.

Nadeem.

I really, really, really think you need to try an Equinox 80ED next, just in case like :eek::D:D

As an aside, those two scopes are optically identical aren't they? - I mean literally the same lenses in both the Celestron 80ED and SW Equinox 80ED? I know that's true for the 100ED versions of the same scopes, anyway.

Mechanically however - well, that's a completely different story! ;)

As an aside, those two scopes are optically identical aren't they? - I mean literally the same lenses in both the Celestron 80ED and SW Equinox 80ED? I know that's true for the 100ED versions of the same scopes, anyway.

Mechanically however - well, that's a completely different story! :eek:

The Equinox is f6.25 and the Celestron is f7.5. On paper the Celestron is the "planet killer" of the 2 scopes, even if it is a case of the lesser of two evils.;)

Well I bought a Celestron 15 years ago and it seems they are still using that thick gooey grease to take up the slack as it were, once bitten etc. Looking at the Equinox next year for a start into imaging DSO.

Archived