Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

AP1200 QMD mount on ebay

I don't know Ross, I saw the same advert about two weeks ago maybe more. His also been trying to sell the scope as well.

I persume it's the cost, but as you say to the right person it's a good deal, it's just finding that right person.

QMD's have some issues, and the GTO upgrade is not cheap...I looked in to buying this one, and had a few people steer me clear for various reasons... and they know a lot more about the QMD than I, so it was on what I believed to be sound advice that I didn't go for it

Just out of interest (cos my premium bonds haven't come up with the goods), could someone explain the difference between the QMD & the GTO, and what the problem is with the QMD?

Hi Nick,

I am unsure exactly are you intimating at?

This mount is not masquerading as a goto mount. It is the for runner to the GTO series. Even an older AP will be a million times better than an EQ6! But this, of course, is reflected in the price, just like it is against the newer AP1200 which would be significantly more expensive. What exactly is wrong with this mount? You've have suggested that mount has problems without any backup. If your wondering why I am questioning you, it is because I am thinking of buying this mount myself and would like to know the downsides, if any.

Cheers,

Eddie

Eddie, I have had emails from people when I too was about to buy the mount saying that I would do better to look elsewhere, it is NOT for me to say why as I personally cannot back up any of the comments from any first hand experience, but the people who mailed me are people I trust...so I pulled out of bidding on it. If it were just one person, I would maybe have gone ahead, but three... made me retink

And I believe Ian Sharp has one (a QMD) and loves it, hence why I was interested in the first place, anyway...you're absolutely right, I can't backup first hand, I can only pass on what others (several) have said

For the big mount I am told the Ioptron 75 will handle 50 kilos when it comes out - maybe that will offer people a bigger obs mount than the EQ6.

I had a look at the model 45 the other day (think it was the 45 anyway - its the smallest one) and the GoTo looked rather neat on it.

Hi

I think that £4000 is overpriced for this mount.

As to the faults and deficiencies with this mount i'd be very interested to hear about them,as i recently aquired one .

Perhaps someone can p.m. me and tell me what problems they have heard of or had with this mount.

regards

clive

Archived