Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_solar_25_winners.thumb.jpg.fe4e711c64054f3c9486c752d0bcd6f2.jpg

ollypenrice

Cocoon, OSC camera.

Here's another from the OSC Atik 4000 in the TEC 140. Five hours (to try to get the dust reasonably low in noise.) Subs ot ten minutes for the same reason.

Olly

936525455_75GgE-X2.jpg

Thats awesome Olly. Look at those lovely star colours and the stars are so tight. Just a great image.

OSC? You'd never guess. Could quite easily be an LRGB. Would love to see a widefield of this are just so I can see...

A your lp

B how much higher up it is compared to the uk.

Alan

Another Cracker Olly...

OSC? You'd never guess. Could quite easily be an LRGB. Would love to see a widefield of this are just so I can see...

A your lp

Alan

No you don't .. unless your thinking of re-locating... as you would probably wonder why we bother in the UK...

I know I am...

Peter...

A your lp

Alan

Your wish is my command! (From last year.)

Sky quality metres that appear here usually give values around 21.5. The manufacturers say that 22 is the best to be expected anywhere. The scale is logarithmic. Well heeled friends who go to Namibia for the souuthern sky say the zenith is exactly the same there as here. I do get low lying LP, very slight, up to about 20 degrees if the air is not dry. If the atmosphere is dry the LP is minimal down to the horizons, which are not level but raised by an average of about 5-15 degrees, formng a barrier.

We are at Lat 44 so things are about 9 deg higher than Derbyshire.631072630_xa4Ym-XL.jpg

Cheers,

Olly

What can I say Fantastic clear sharp images everytime, you just keep raising the bar. Thanks for sharing Olly, super image

A stunning result Olly.

The processing is spot on, very smooth and natural with great definition between the different elements.

Congrats.:)

Mike.

No you misunderstand Olly. I wanted to see a wideangle MW constellation shot from your loc......

Alan:D

I know Billy i`ll probably regret it....

Very nicely captured and processed Olly the emission parts of the cocoon are starting to show well :)

Regards

Kevin

Edited by BeyondVision