SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Cocoon, OSC camera.

ollypenrice

Another Cracker Olly...

OSC? You'd never guess. Could quite easily be an LRGB. Would love to see a widefield of this are just so I can see...

A your lp

B how much higher up it is compared to the uk.

Alan

No you don't .. unless your thinking of re-locating... as you would probably wonder why we bother in the UK...

I know I am...

Peter...

OSC? You'd never guess. Could quite easily be an LRGB. Would love to see a widefield of this are just so I can see...

A your lp

B how much higher up it is compared to the uk.

Alan

Your wish is my command! (From last year.)

Sky quality metres that appear here usually give values around 21.5. The manufacturers say that 22 is the best to be expected anywhere. The scale is logarithmic. Well heeled friends who go to Namibia for the souuthern sky say the zenith is exactly the same there as here. I do get low lying LP, very slight, up to about 20 degrees if the air is not dry. If the atmosphere is dry the LP is minimal down to the horizons, which are not level but raised by an average of about 5-15 degrees, formng a barrier.

We are at Lat 44 so things are about 9 deg higher than Derbyshire.631072630_xa4Ym-XL.jpg

Cheers,

Olly

Archived