Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Wide Lagoon/Trifid marathon.

ollypenrice

I did a version of this last year but felt it wasn't quite there.

This time I took a base image in the Baby Q at 328mm (f3.9) of just an hour each of RGB in 5 min subs. (Atik 4000 mono.)

To this I added my recent Trifid nebula from the TEC 140 at 980 mm. That was LRGB, 5.5 hours.

Next came 3 hours of OSC data frm the TEC on just the lagoon. I will try to add some high res luminance for other parts of the image in time.

11.5 hours - but not really because the overlay images are stand alone efforts in themselves.

Fullsize, which is the point of the excercise, is here. http://ollypenrice.smugmug.com/Other/Nebulae-and-clusters/9252249_kJwrV#935757461_PCNBS-O-LB

Big thanks to Noel's Actions and Registar...

Olly

935757461_PCNBS-X2.jpg

Awe, bless you guys. I was pleased with this one and was having doubts since it seemed to touch no hearts! The southern Milky Way is indeed a dream, from naked eye to 4 metres of focal length (not that I have such metres...)

Olly

Excellent work Olly. This is a part of the sky I've been concentrating on lately and it's great to see a widefield that encompasses so much of the detail. Awesome image!!:)

Sam

Very nice work, that high res stuff has really help out with the detail

There's so much going on in this area, but alas I have no chance of getting to it up here

Brilliant, love that widefield view. That part of the sky has so much to offer. Thanks for the time and hard work. My brother has his telescope down in the South of France, thinking I need to go for a visit. :-)

Archived