SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

nibber

Hi All,

Just found this great website!

I am Nigel from Kent, UK,

I have just taken the the plunge and bought my first proper telescope,

I have been interested in Astronomy for a long time,and bought a

Prinz astral 500 (don't laugh)about 30 years ago,its still in the loft boxed !,My kit now is a Meade LX90 ACF 8",and a Revelation set 6-32mm eyepieces,2x Barlow,5x Barlow,Meade 9.7 mm,Meade 26mm,Meade Astrometric MA12 illuminated eyepiece,9mm illuminated reticle eyepiece,Sky-Watcher 17 powerpack,so am waiting patiently for some clear skies,did catch Jupiter last week rising approx 12.20AM last Sat morning,what a fantastic sight ,stayed up till about 3.30 AM in the end and the dog got me up at 6.00AM! ,anyway enough of my wafflle,

Regards Nigel:D

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello Nigel, and welcome to SGL. It is a great forum, and you will enjoy being a member.

Lots of knowledgable people here, so if you need any advice, or help, just ask away.

If I could just say, there is a star called Rigel Kent, which is also known as Alpha Centauri 1. The star is almost the closest star to our own sun. Just a bit of Info. which your surname and Home town triggered.:)

Ron.

Hi Nigel and welcome to the forum. The weather being the way it is at the moment, you have to take your chances when there is clear sky - have done a couple of 3:30 am myself, never know where the time goes when you're observing. Keep up the good work and future clear skies.

James

Archived