Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Fed up

Llamanaut

Its been over a month since my last observing session, ive forgotten what a nebula looks like. Went out last night at midnight after consulting radar picture on interweb with promise of clear skies over my area. Clear skies my foot. A nice wedge of low cloud right through my obs position. The final insult was when i got out of the car it had the nerve to rain on me :)

I saw some stars last night, but too late - have to get up early for work. Cloud would have rolled over anyway before it got properly dark. I've only used my new TS Planetary eyepiece twice since I bought it... grumble.

Yeah, I know how you all feel.

It's been a month since I gave my OD250S Dob first light in early June. Since then it's ether been clear, and too light to see anything, even after midnight. Or it's been cloudy.

The only consolation I suppose are the light night's. So you can't really do much any way even if it is clear.

Saying that... The skies are slowly beginning to darken again. I noticed in the paper how the Sun is now setting at 21:30hrs.

It'll be Autumn before you know it. I only hope we get some clear skies.

I want to try doing some digital SLR imaging together with visual observing, of Jupiter.

Archived