Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_beauty_night_skies.thumb.jpg.2711ade15e31d01524e7dc52d15c4217.jpg

Les Tilly

Elephants Trunk nebula

Lovely big image with good contrast, sky a bit green but the dark dust marks throughout are striking.

John.

Great image Les....the trunk stand out very nicely. I like the result from the filter combination you used.

The sky looks fine on my computer (not calibrated).

Cheers

Rob

thats a very good pallete to use, giving Psuedo-RGB images from e-line data. And you have executed it perfectly.

Good show.

Paul

I like the way you've processed to make it look more natural.

Did you use CCD Autopilot for acqusition?

Robert

Thanks Guys

Robert Autopilot needs other software to work so for Camera control and acqusition it uses Maxim in my case and uses the SKY 6 for Telescope control Focusmax for Focus and Pinpoint for Plate solving

Les

Ok, it's still taking me a while to get to grips with some of the shorthand in these threads (I need to do some reading up on image processing and filters), however, still a cracking image, really enjoyed it, makes me sad that the sky is so cloudy today :eek:

Thanks for your hard work.

Jem

Truly outstanding. The colour is very close to what I got in RGB but there is so much more of it your way! It is great to have those powdery little narrowband stars to let this vast nebula show its scale.

Brilliant image.

Olly

Thanks guys.

I think this is a nice combination of color in narrowband for light polluted skies. Still would be nice to have some RGB for the stars

Thanks

Les