SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

My very first Jupiter - 11 July 2010

Well, I have been busy trying to reprocess my AVI tonight.

Trying to squeeze out as much detail as I could.

The conditions were absolutely horrible. Had to wait till after 2AM sunday morning for Jupiter to rise from behind the trees south of our appartment. And then the sun already started rising from the east. :)

If that's not enough, our balcony is still not finished, so I was doing it from the livingroom through our southern window. I know I know. Bad bad bad. :D But I wanted to give it a try! :)

As Jupiter was so bright, I had to set exposure to 1-2ms and gain down to max. 25%. Wich didn't exactly help either. Creating vertical lines.

All in all it was quite a tedious excersise for a first time! :)

So I think I will wait another month for Jupiter to rise a little earlier and the nights to become darker again.

jupiter_11_07_2010.jpg

Good attempt with those conditions, practice is always important ready for that good night that comes along. So keep going.

JohnH.

Oh.. I am not stopping! :D I am just starting. :p

I was actually impressed I could get this out of it, including two moons.

So it can only get better when the conditions start improving over here. :)

So for now I just keep pointing at the sun. :) (as long as weather is permitting me :))

Nothing wrong with that for a first effort.

I inagine it must still be quite low from your location. I have a hill behind my house and I think I will have to wait for a better view as well and I am a quite bit further south than you.

Geoff

Nothing wrong with that for a first effort.

I inagine it must still be quite low from your location. I have a hill behind my house and I think I will have to wait for a better view as well and I am a quite bit further south than you.

Geoff

Yes, Jupiter is still quite low here. I had to wait till after 2AM for Jupiter to come up from behind the trees. And then the sun was already starting to rise up again.

Archived