SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Good Deal?

The Revelation 10" dob is a good scope and the price seems reasonable, however.......................

***Alarm Bells***

I recall seeing the very same listing a few months ago with exactly the same errors in the description and the identical title.

The following quote from the listing is a complete load of utter rubbish as the Revelation uses Chinese made GSO optics, nothing at all to do with Orion Optics UK.

Reliable sources say these are the same optics used in Orion telescopes which sell for £500+ (Orion Optics SPX 200 f6 Newtonian Telescope [ORI_SPX200_f6] - £587.50 : 365Astronomy: Discovery for every day!

I suppose it's possible that the seller just re-used the wording from an old listing or maybe the scope didn't sell the first time but it's all a bit suspicious. I think I'd stay well away from this one, it just doesn't sound right.

John

to be fair to the lister, he says Orion, not Orion Optics so that might well be right as Orion is, IIRC, a synta badge used in the US. Personally, I would value the second hand revelation ep set at close to zero with such a fast scope so I'd say the saving on the new price is pretty small and the thing looks pretty battered.

to be fair to the lister, he says Orion, not Orion Optics so that might well be right as Orion is, IIRC, a synta badge used in the US. Personally, I would value the second hand revelation ep set at close to zero with such a fast scope so I'd say the saving on the new price is pretty small and the thing looks pretty battered.

Agreed, bare in mind a Brand spanking SW 10" dob from Aunty FLO isn't far off from the buyer's "Buy it Now " price and of course you get all the security that comes with FLO and warranties.

That mount looks pretty Broken for only "used 15x" :)

I have dealt with this person before. When the scope was last on ebay he also had 2 Open University books included in the sale. i emailed him saying if the the scope doesnt sell i would like to buy books. When it didnt sell he offered me the books for FREE so i paid him a tenner for the P&P...

2 weeks later and still no books but after sending many emails and messages via ebay i did get a reply saying he will post them the following day...

The books did turn up a week later post marked for the day before, so it took him another 6 days longer to post than he said.

Did think i had lost my money, glad i wasnt in a hurry for the books!

AVOID

The price is a bit steep to be honest. That's what i would be looking to pay for the 12" version, not the 10". My 12 was £320 with all the bits but worked out at £260 by selling the finder and 2" eyepiece. Only downside was the mirror coatings which were passable but i decided to have Orion Optics recoat them. I'm seriously chuffed with the scope.

Archived