SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hello from Colchester, Essex

OlympusMons

Hello Everyone,

My name is Stewart Waters. I am 37 and have been into astronomy for 5 years.

I purchased my first scope, a Meade ETX70 and got hooked instantly. Around two years later i decided to purchase a Meade LX200GPS 14" UHTC SCT and built myself an observatory to house it.

I have since built another observatory behind this one and hope to set up another scope inside that one soon.

I have lived in Colchester all my life and have lived with my girlfriend for the last 12 years.

My whole working life i have been involved in construction and landscaping. Now i have an Observatory installation business with my partner Karl. We get to install observatories all across Europe.

I found this forum while searching the net. You can never be in too many forums. I run around 20 astronomy forums on Yahoo and enjoy talking to other astronomers.

Regards

Stewart

P.S. Here is my website: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/sg.waters/index.html

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Astrophethean,

Thank you for the welcome!

There seems to be more and more 14 inch scopes about these days not sure why though. I moderate a group for 14" Meade scopes and there are 700 of them on there.

This looks like a friendly forum anyway.

Regards

Stewart

15 minutes have passed since you posted this topic and you've already got 5 replies! It's going to be one tough job to try to reply to every welcome that comes! That's just how SGL is - very well attended and very friendly and welcoming. Hope you like it.

Astrophethean

Welcome Stewart, I have a 5" reflector and my observatory is the Northumberland coastline :D Ah well great oaks grow from small acorns. Now if I get that 54 million on the Euro lottery tonight I may well be coming to see you. :rolleyes:

Hello Everyone,

My name is Stewart Waters. I am 37 and have been into astronomy for 5 years.

You can never be in too many forums. I run around 20 astronomy forums on Yahoo and enjoy talking to other astronomers.

La'rd t'underin' Jaysus, b'y! When do yer find time to pick yer nose? Or work, fer dat matter? :rolleyes:

Welcome aboard, anyway! Good to have you here!

Hello Philip+Zog+James+Rog+Tom+Warthog +Caz,

Thank you all for your kind comments and warm welcomes!

Hope i haven't missed anyone out.

I look forward talking to you all.

Zog, i hope you won that Euro million jackpot last night. Wow are we going to build you an observatory to remember!

Tom, not so sure about the clear skies in Colchester. Some nights yes but most nights there is an orange glow light an atom bomb just went off!

Regards

Stewart

Hi Steve,

Thank you!

I am hoping for a nice clear night tonight. I am planning an all nighter in the observatory tonight as i don't have anything planned for Sunday!

There have been a lot of meteor reports across the net in the last few days. I plan on observing some tonight.

Regards

Stewart

Hi Tom,

You are right. I worked in London for six years and only ever saw the full Moon at night.

I suppose i do have better skies than a lot of people.

I joined the North Essex Astronomy Society and they have a lovely dark location. You can just see the glow of Colchester in the distance.

Regards

Stewart

Hi Stuart,

You lucky man - two observatories, a 14" SCT and the clear skies of Colchester.

Welcome to SGL.

Tom

Hi Tom,

I know my skies are not as polluted as yours but tonight i took a few pics to show you what i am up against.

Check out the neighbours security light and the sky glow. Fortunately tonight the football ground we're not playing. Now that is a light display to contend with!

Regards

Stewart

post-13119-133877323715_thumb.jpg

Archived