Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_lunar_landings.thumb.jpg.b50378d0845690d8a03305a49923eb40.jpg

borris83

Are there any 3d movies related to astronomy?

I am trying to find out if there are any 3d movies showing planets and stars... Those movies should be viewable in home using anaglyph glasses (with normal red cyan glasses)

If movies are not there, then are there any 3d astronomical video clippings?

We at the Institute for Computation Cosmology at Durham University have a few offerings. Our latest Cosmic Origins movie is here

Cosmic Origins

We also have some older movies from 2002 and 2005 in a similar vein, which you can find on the Royal Society links from

Institute for Computational Cosmology - Durham University - Outreach

All can be downloaded free and include anaglyph versions.

NigelM

Imax: Hubble 3D. Unfortunatly all the Imax cinemas in southern Ireland have been closed, not sure if there is one in Belfast, in other words I have not seen this movie yet and I am not really sure where you might be able to see it but it is in 3D :)

I saw the IMAX hubble trailor which was in anaglyph but I heard that the full Hubble movie is not in ordinary anaglyph 3d

Thank you for those links NigelM.. I have started downloading the videos