Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_2019_sp_banner.thumb.jpg.a0ff260c05b90dead5c594e9b4ee9fd0.jpg

borris83

Hello from Shanmugam, India

Hi, I am Shanmugam from India... Joined the forum today and would like to actively participate in discussions...

Anyone from Chennai, India here?

Hi Shanmugam and welcome to SGL.

I'm from Derbyshire, England so nowhere near I'm afraid. What are your skies like?

hello and welcome.....what time of year is the monsoon?..forgive my ignorance..:)..its just that I was wondering if I should envy your skies or not:)

Climate is very good now.. Not so hot and not so cold.. We will enjoy this weather at least for another three months

The sky is very clear

Edited by borris83

welcome to the forum.

i think i am close to you, from Maldives to the south west.

hello and welcome.....what time of year is the monsoon?..forgive my ignorance..:)..its just that I was wondering if I should envy your skies or not:)

monsoon is in full force here in Maldives. it rained un-stop here since midnight for about 13 hours

:) Hi from me too - there was some one from India joined a few months ago but they havent posted much - cant remember where they were based - sorry.

Hi Shanmugam and welcome to the forum.:)

I have been in contact with a fellow newcomer to the forum by the name of Umesh who is also from India. He is in the process of grinding his 8" mirror so that he can construct his own scope. The last time we spoke, he indicated that the monsoon season was fast approaching so I don't know how well you are observing at the moment but I will still wish you clear skies anyway. Mind you the weather hasn't been much better here in Britain in the last couple of days - I think it's what we call summer.:D

James

Actually, In India it differs from place to place.. We get a lot of rain in the western coast this month but my place is in the eastern coast.. And it was not the same the last month but this month it is ok...

Hi, welcome to SGL. How are the skies in your area -light pollution/seeing conditions? I can imagine some parts of india to have both bad and good skies for astronomy.

Hi Shanmugam,

A very warm welcome to SGL, hope you enjoy the forum.

John.

Thanks for joining and welcome, great place this.

JohnH.