Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Laggon Nebula - M8

evansg

nice image.

How do you use the Ha? Is it as a luminance layer. If so, that will affect the colour balance. In this situation you need to simulate the Hbeta emission...and a scheme that works very well is:

B= B+0.2Ha. So copy and scale an Ha image by 0.2, and add it to the blue data. I wouldnt use Ha as luminance but combine with the red, ie R=R+Ha

paul

Thanks,

The spikes are of course artificial using the PS plugin named Starspikes pro.

Ha is a lumminance layer in the photoshop. I don't understand how i will simulate the Hbeta. Scale the Ha by 0.2? what about the registration of the stars to the other layers?

p.s: I have uploaded a better processed version to m8

Very nice M8. Color looks good I see Halos around the stars what Baader filters do you use ?

Les

Yes,

i have now noticed these halos around the stars. I use the latest baader ccd filters (LRGB+Ha 7nm). I think that some halos became more visible after my processing in photoshop. I 'm not pretty sure yet.. i will check it

Archived