Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First light - Evostar 120

Forecast hasn't been looking good but whilst sat outside this evening I spied Venus shining in between clouds, the Evostar was sat on its spanking new EQ5 pointing out the open patio door after my twiddling to set it all up.

Chance to align the finderscope before it sets behind the trees and the cloud rolls in. Lined it up I did and the first time I have ever seen venus as anything other than a really bright light in the eyepiece. I could not only see it as a planet but I could see its phase even with the cheap 6.3 mm SW EP I have. Seeing was poor as you would expect low as that over a built up area and still a blue sky oh and looking out the patio door.

Very pleased to see my first light as a wow factor for me, seeing venus as a planet - WOW.

Now the journey begins to learn this mount, add a GOTO motor and hopefully imaging with an ED80 which is in the future, for the winter I reckon I am going to have fun with this achro, purple tinge and all.

Thanks FLO if it hadn't been for your clearance bargain I would have had to wait a while.

Fingers crossed now that the skies clear and I can have a dabble tonight.

Archived