Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

wrong cam choice? Logitec QuickCam Pro 3000 OEM???

ezza123

Like always, I made a rash decision and ordered a Logitec QuickCam Pro 3000 as it has the CCD sensor in.

It was only 15 pounds so I thought it would be worth a go modifying myself.

This is what I Ordered = Logitech QuickCam Pro 3000 USB Webcam for Notebook on eBay (end time 24-Jul-10 11:04:34 BST)

Have I just made a boo boo? as further searching shows the Logitec QuickCam Pro 3000 looking a little different - on amazon it shows as a Logitech OEM QuickCam 3000

Will it still have a Sony CCD in it??

Answers on a postcard......

Aaron :-)

Thank you Russ,

Luckily the seller was nice enough when I called and explained, to cancel the order,

Back to the searches for me!

I can see where its going to lead for me - but I want to try cheap before forking out on the neximage!

You may still be able to use it, it looks like the lens mechanism would be removable, and if so, you could replace it with a suitable adapter. Whilst CCD's are generally considered to be better, there are CMOS cameras being used.. the QHY5 range is CMOS based. As you say, for the money, it's worth a punt, and if nothing else, it'll all be good experience.

You beat me to that post ;)... the MS Lifecam HD (whilst being CMOS based) is producing good results also. not sure on the exact model... but they are about £45 to £50 from a quick google.

Does the life cam come up to the standards that you get from the Sony ICX098 Sensor cams? Or is it still too new?

I guess if you had the choice of the older Sony ICX098 sensor or the MS life cam what would be better to go for??

I have just sealed the deal on a Philips Vesta Pro, Ohhh the powers of this forum are great! .......Now to find a mod guide for it!

thank you for the ridiculously fast help with this guys :-)

It's still a bit new (at least at a low price) but looks promising. It is capable of capturing 1280 x 720 at 30 fps on most laptops.

Forget the Microsoft software as it's inefficient and oriented for use as a webacm, not for imaging and requires a high spec machine to run it at 1280 x 720. IC Capture and others will let it run at 1280 on an older low spec laptop. Many netbooks may not be able to get the best out of it due to their hardware limitations.

John

Is that the IC Capture supplied with Image Souce kit?

The version of IC Capture (IC Capture.AS) supplied with the Imaging Source cameras is a special free version that only works with Imaging Source cameras. The trial version of IC Capture works with a wider range of cameras, but I can't seem to find a buy button.

Peter

I got an answer back from Imaging Source and they will sell IC Capture Profrssional on it's own for EUR 149.00 ;)

IC Capture Professional

Image acquisition software which works (under Windows 2000 or Windows XP) with every video device which is equipped with a WDM Stream Class driver

Price EUR 149.00

John

Archived