SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Moon with 80mm and Nokia6630 - still aint got my upgrade yet

SteelRat

My first pics for a while - still aint got my upgrade yet so the old Nokia 6630 was called up for action mounted on my Nighthawk 80mm (old r&p type). Eyepiece was just a Skywatcher 6mm UWA with two filters - neutral grey and green #58A. Mist rolled in off the river so came in early with everything soaking wet. Nice to get some pictures though.

image.jpg

Nice one gang.

Ian - heh, if I had another grey I'd have used that instead :rolleyes: #58A is not a bright green - looks more like an army green and without a barlow you really do need two filters else the phone gets saturated. Will keep my eye out for another grey.

Real nice work on the edit CC - really boosted the contrast on the terminator detail. Did you use a median in there somewhere too? - and is there a decent PAIN FREE site to down load a version of Photoshop F.O.C?

Thanks for the pos comms all.

• 2 weeks later...

The wife is off from work next week and has decided finally to upgrade her phone. I shall be accompanying her to the shop and will upgrade my own too. I currently have the N6630 and have a choice between the N73 and the Sony Ericsson K800i - have so far always had Nokia phones so probly will go for the N73 - 'tis a truly, truly UGLY thing tho :) The Samsung D900 looks nice but with only a x4 zoom I'm not sure if it would be upto the job of peering into the eyepiece - specially when barlowed. Will hope to avoid the 'New Kit - Poor Weather' curse when I get upgraded and will post results soon as.

Archived