help with DSS mosaic mode

hi,

I've been trying to do a Milkyway Panoramic image, but I can't get DSS to work properly in the mosaic mode. Below is an example of 2 images stacked in mosaic mode (although I've also tried multiple imaging with the same result). Basically it appears that where the images overlap, the stack becomes brighter. I'm using the average setting, so I don't know why this would be. If I stack more images, it becomes brighter and brigher where several overlap.

Any help would be much appreciated, as I've had to resort to using MS ICE!

edit: updated with better exmaple

post-17826-133877460574_thumb.jpg

Based on those subs the results is fantastic ;)

Gradient extermiator will hate the shillouetted houses and trees it will probably generate artefacts form them - it often does this if there is a thin black line around the image so I always crop a few pixels from the edge...

Registar would be my weapon of choice for this "project" having first tackled the gradients in the individual frames.

Peter...

Peter, just dropped you a pm.

Thanks for the tip about gradient exterminator, it's something I only recently found out, but yes I did try selecting only the inner part of the image to process. However I've not tried removing the gradient from the individual images first. I'll give that a go now.

cheers

ps, I'm still puzzled why I can't make a mosaic in DSS and why the brightness changes where 2 subs overlap.;)

Archived