SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hello from Cambridgeshire

Guest Gneiss

I'm Chris

I started observing over thirty years ago, using a 30mm f/24 refractor... times have changed since those days! But whatever the equipment the hobby has given me a lot of enjoyment over the years, and perhaps most of all it is a great way to relax and unwind. My astronomical interests lie mainly within the solar system...

Eventually I decided to turn that hobby into something more, and so set up SVO AstroShop a small independent retailer of astronomical equipment.

I have a combined maths and physics degree, having studied geology for a year (hence my username) before switching. Most my working life has been spent in electronics, optics and imaging.

Hi Chris,

Welcome to the forum!

You maybe interested to know we have a few Traders here on SGL also, and they have privileges on the forum in which they give something back IE:Discounts to forum members and links to SGL and we place a Link to your business/Website. Maybe PM one of the Admins if your interested in taking advantage of this offer?

Anyway it's good to have you on board.

Regards

James

Aaand another welcome from another newbie!

I'm curious - what's with the stars? What do they mean?

When will I evolve from a protostar?

To get past Protostar status, you'll have to post 500 and over to reach 'Event Horizon' 1000 for Supernova, and I think its 2000 for hypernova and so on....

HTH, and happy posting!

Caz :rolleyes:

Aaand another welcome from another newbie!

I'm curious - what's with the stars? What do they mean?

When will I evolve from a protostar?

To get past Protostar status, you'll have to post 500 and over to reach 'Event Horizon' 1000 for Supernova, and I think its 2000 for hypernova and so on....

HTH, and happy posting!

Caz :rolleyes:

Don't you become a Stargeezer at about 100, and a Top Geezer somewhere in there?

whatwhatwhatwhatwhatWHAT?! :shock:

this is unfair!

You've got like eight stars, you've been a member for three days and you've already made 32 posts. How come you've got so many stars? Maybe it comes with being a "retailer"

Astro P

• 4 weeks later...

Archived