Narrowband

2011 Calendar Questionairre

What would you like the SGL 2011 Calendar to be like?  

226 members have voted

1. 1. What would you like the SGL 2011 Calendar to be like?

• Smaller than A4
    • A4
    • A3
    • Bigger than A3
    • One Image per Month
    • Multiple Images per Month
    • How Much Would you pay?: Under £5
    • How Much Would you pay?: Under £10
    • How Much Would you pay?: Under £15
    • I wouldn't buy one

Hi all,

Just trying to get some feedback about the calendar to decide whether to do one for next year and if so, what format/size/cost etc.. to aim for?

Please can you answer the poll above.

Also - if you have any other thoughts/suggestions etc.. about the calendar, please feel free to pm me or leave them below (or if you know of a decent, reasonably priced printer!).

Many thanks,

Grant

all the monthly targets for each month (within reason) and some pics of the mentioned would be great.

maybe a small mention/list of the members birthdays for the relevant month would give that personal touch.

Lets go for a calendar of really amatuer work and include some shots taken afocally or by people with 'cheap and cheerful' equipment, not just imgaes that have been taken with the most expensive equipment and hours of exposures. Show astrophotography as a part of the hobby that anyone with any equipment can contribute to.

That's not to say that there shouldn't be some of those jaw dropping, fine works that win POW or appear in S@N AN etc etc.

Lets go for a calendar of really amatuer work and include some shots taken afocally or by people with 'cheap and cheerful' equipment, not just imgaes that have been taken with the most expensive equipment and hours of exposures. Show astrophotography as a part of the hobby that anyone with any equipment can contribute to.

I'll second that!

Also these folk do a decent online service:

http://www.vistaprint.co.uk

That's not to say that there shouldn't be some of those jaw dropping, fine works that win POW or appear in S@N AN etc etc.

I'll go for that as well, cracking idea ;)

And Mark's idea of mixing in the headline ephemerides has merit too.

You could note principal star parties and anniversaries of important astro-discoveries each month as well. Not forgetting the birthdays of SPM and other greats of astronomy.

Or would that overload it with too much info?

• 3 weeks later...

A3 would be a nice size, and I'd be prepared to pay up to £15. I would prefer only one image per page, otherwise you loose the advantage of the bigger format. A4 would be adequate for up to £10, but no smaller. Great Idea though...

Archived