Set up nearly sorted

MartinB

I know exactly what I want to do and the set up I need but getting there has been a bit of a struggle. Without Arthur's help I would have been stuffed. So the Nextar 8" GPS mounted on APT wedge. On the NS 8" there are 2 sets of rails, one for the a moveable counterweight system (weight not attached in photo) and the other to carry the guide rings. Arthur provided this great bit of bespoke kit. Can now piggy back the ED80 or the ZS66.

The ED80 is mounted in tandem with the ZS66 on my Super Polaris (tandem mounting supplied by Ambermile Engineering i.e. Arthur). SXVF H9 attached to ED80 plus Scopetechnix filter wheel, SXV guidehead with ZS66

Still to sort out - with the 2 scopes SP needs another counter weight. Focal reducer esp for ZS66 for wide field. Not got the guiding working properly yet. Want to do a complete strip down of the SP and regrease and optimize backlash. Not enough time :?

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• 4 years later...

Archived